Talented? Passionate? We're Interested.
LDI, Ltd. is a family office with more than a century of experience funding and operating customer-focused, middle-market companies. We are not a private equity firm; we employ a build and hold strategy to create long-term value. We have a history of using add-on acquisitions to expand geographic presence and product lines, and today, we employ more than 1,600 people in over 50 countries.
- We believe good ideas can come from anywhere
- We seek continuous improvement and ask provocative questions
- We move at LDI speed: our team members take initiative and collaborate. We know when to slow down to go fast, and we hold each other accountable
- We provide unparalleled customer service: we serve internal and external customers with enthusiasm and professionalism. We contribute to a positive and energizing environment for all team members
- We share spoils with winners and reward high performers
We are seeking to hire a full-time Business Associate to support our internal team as we work to unlock new value across our portfolio of businesses. This position reports into the Strategy & Operations team in Indianapolis, IN.
Examples of Work from Prior Analysts and Associates:
- Creation of content for the portfolio company board of directors on behalf of the company’s management team.
- Development of productivity metrics for a large, international services organization, up to and including report development and employee training.
- Analysis of capacity utilization at a mid-sized manufacturer to identify the best segment to move into a new facility.
- Supporting annual planning for LDI portfolio companies, including the oversight of strategic planning sessions and initiative refinement for the leadership teams.
- Project management support for a global transformation project spanning over 20 countries.
- Development of new onboarding materials and training to help improve the experience of new direct labor workers at a small manufacturer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an internal consultative resource for LDI’s portfolio company leadership teams, providing support on critical projects and analyses.
- Conduct thorough analyses of business practices at LDI’s portfolio companies and confidently provide recommendations for improvement with limited oversight.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders within LDI’s portfolio of businesses, identifying and building project plans to address sophisticated business problems.
- Lead the execution of strategic initiatives within LDI and its portfolio companies, including project oversight and at times direct execution.
- Review and assess portfolio company operational performance, which can involve large and complex datasets. Summarize information in reports and models that enhance data-driven insights across LDI’s portfolio.
- Analyze financial performance at LDI’s portfolio companies, pinpointing drivers of results and advising on necessary adjustments.
- Research industry trends and best practices, presenting relevant information to executive leadership.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for review by company executives and Board of Directors
- Contribute to Corporate Development activities that strengthen the LDI portfolio.
- Participate in activities and promote a team effort; perform duties in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems and develop clearly-articulated solutions
- Understanding of financial statements
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Growth-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated to make impactful improvements for our business partners
- Experience creating reports with PowerBI is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Math, other fields emphasizing critical thinking, or equivalent work experience demonstrating these abilities.
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in management consulting, entrepreneurship, or other business analysis roles.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
LDI, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and LDI employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.